Chinese Title: 拳王
English Title: Gloves Come Off
Genre: Modern Martial Arts
Producer: Marco Law (Loving You I & II, Angels of Mission, Grace Under Fire)
RELEASE DATE: APRIL 16, 2012
Kate Tsui (guest)
TONG SHAP-YAT (Kevin Cheng) enters the underground boxing scene for money when he is learning Thai boxing with his senior brother KO WAI-TING (Wong Tak Bun) in Thailand, a decision he regrets for the rest of his life. In order to turn over a new leaf, he withdraws from the boxing scene and finds himself a job as a security guard at a sports goods company. His outspokenness attracts the attention of his supervisor CHAI PAK-FAI (Selena Li). YAT and office assistant BUT KA-SHING (Wong Ho Yin) do not get along at the beginning but they become friends after their misunderstanding is eliminated. SHING’s passion for Thai boxing impresses YAT. He picks up the sports again and also helps SHING improve at Thai boxing. He returns to the boxing gymnasium, too, where he started out as a boxer, determines to train SHING and deaf-mute boxer TING YAN-TSZ (Nancy Wu) to be boxing champions. Later, YAT and SHING’s amity is put to the test when TING tries to sow discord between them.
TONG SAP YAT (Kevin Cheng) is a fascinating Muy Thai boxer. He and his senior KO WAI TING (Kenny Wong) trained boxing far out in Thailand. Because of his moment of greed, he went down the Black Fist path and made a mistake that would make him suffer for life. After his return to Hong Kong, he was determined to forget the past and withdraw from the boxing scene. He works as a security personnel at a sporting goods company and has been romantically attracting his female supervisor CHAI PAK FAI (Selena Li) all along. BAT KA SING (Raymond Wong) is the assistant manager at that same company and under layers of misunderstandings, the two were enemies turned friends. KA SING has a strong Muy Thai dream, which eventually revives SAP YAT's passion for Muy Thai as well. Due to boxing, the two established a deep friendship. Not only did SAP YAT get over his past, he also made a comeback to the boxing arena. He trained KA SING and mute female boxer DING YAN CHI (Nancy Wu) in becoming boxing champions, but at the same time his senior TING's jealousy grew into hatred. TING started to damage the friendship between SAP YAT and KA SING... (aZnangel)
- Kevin Cheng <==> Raymond Wong (mentor-student and friends)
- Kevin Cheng <==> Nancy Wu (mentor-student)
- Kevin Cheng <==> Selena Li (close friends)
- Selena Li <==> Edwin Siu (first love)
- Raymond Wong <==> Natalie Tong (lovers)
- Kevin Cheng <==> Kenny Wong (apprentice brothers)
- Lau Kwong ==> Kevin Cheng, Kenny Wong, Power Chan (mentor)
- Kenny Wong <==> Florence Kwok (husband/wife)
- Power Chan ==> Nancy Wu (attentive care)
- Kevin Cheng and Kate Tsui are married with a son.
- Kate died 10 years ago.
- Raymond and Natalie are married with a daughter
- Selena is a strong career woman, and is Kevin's supervisor.
- Selena has a crush on Kevin, but is Edwin's first childhood lover and later becomes his wife.
- Kenny Wong is the owner of boxing gym and hires disciples.
- Florence Kwok is Kenny's wife.
- Nancy is a mute boxer, and is Power Chan's lover.
- Nancy has a crush on Kevin
- Power works at Kenny's boxing gym.
- Edwin works at a Telecommunication company, and is Kevin's love rival.
- Janet Chow is Raymond's ex-girlfriend
Powered by Invision Power Board (http://www.invisionboard.com)
© Invision Power Services (http://www.invisionpower.com)