Translated by: R.E.D @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/
A four year old girl visited the dentist in Sha Tin yesterday. The dentist accidentally dropped an inch long needle down her throat. The girl panicked, swallowed the needle into her stomach. The parents took her to the hospital as the dentist was reluctant to do so. The girl is called Lam, who had a bad tooth. Her parents took her to see a dentist in the name of Dr. Hui in Tin Sum Estate. The girl had been treated for tooth decay in two previous occasions in the same dental clinic.
According to report, after the dentist had applied local anesthetic to the girl's gum, the dentist put a needle inside the mouth. It was thought that the girl was anxious, moved her head, and the needle was dropped inside her throat. The dentist then turned around to get a long clamp to retrieve the needle, but when he turned back, the needle had disappeared from the girl's throat. It had gone diwn to her stomach. The dentist explained to the parents that the needle is not very sharp, it will come out from the girl's back passage along with her stool. But the parents were worried, requesting to call the ambulance. The dentist didn't think the matter was serious enough, suggested they took the girl to the hospital for an X-Ray. The parents reckoned the dentist was not very professional dealing with this incidence, they are considering making a formal complaint against him. Dr. Hui was later interviewed, he was very apologetic about this incident, but he believes that the girl won't suffer any ill effect because of this.
Don't Forget to click the "THANKS" button