Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

User:
Password:

Collapse

Board Statistics

Today's Birthdays
calendar 4 members are celebrating their birthday today
xxnumba1(26), Kzwtl, DieForFun(21), Jason Lee(21)
Board Statistics
Board Stats Our members have made a total of 5,711,082 posts
We have 66,710 registered members
The newest member is Hkong
Most users ever online was 14,355 on Jan 17 2012, 04:20 PM

Collapse

New Members

Username Joined
Kiwi2000 Nov 24 2014, 12:08 AM
Hkong Oct 27 2014, 11:21 PM
Nickkei Oct 16 2014, 10:28 AM
me2 Oct 6 2014, 03:25 PM
singyeah Sep 8 2014, 03:29 PM

Collapse

Top Posters

Username Posts
Wu Ying 18165
wendy 15275
aZnangel 13291
R.E.D 11759
♥SiLvErBeAr♥ 9389

Collapse

Main Navigation

• Enter Site Forums

• Collapse

TVB Ratings Report (11/17/2014 - 11/23/2014)

Posted By:  Chloe.C @ Today, 12:07 AM
    Source: Wacow @ Blog163
    Translated by: Chloe.C @ http://asianuniverse.net

TVB Ratings Report (11/17/2014 - 11/23/2014)

Dramas
    Come On Cousin - 老表,你好hea! (EPS 20-23) - 26 PTS (Peaking at 28 PTS)

Overachievers - 商戰 (EPS 11-14) - 24 PTS (Peaking at 26 PTS)

Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 644-647) - 22 PTS (Peaking at 24 PTS)

Tiger Cubs II - 飛虎 II (SUNDAY SERIES) (EP 06) - 19 PTS (Peaking at 21 PTS)

Variety Shows
    TVB Anniversary Gala 2014 - 萬千星輝賀台慶2014 - 25 PTS (Peaking at 28 PTS)**

Working Golden Holidays - 超齡打工假期 - 18 PTS (Peaking at 21 PTS)

Scoop - 東張西望 - 18 PTS (Peaking at 21 PTS)

Queen Feast - 女皇的盛宴 - 15 PTS

The Voice 4 - 超級巨聲 4 - 13 PTS

Chef Nic - 十二道鋒味 - 13 PTS

Sidewalk Scientist - 學是學非 - 11 PTS

(Nielsen TAM: 1 point represents 64,920 viewers)

*NOTE: Episodes of the Mon-Fri dramas were not aired on Wednesday due to the TVB Anniversary Gala.
    **Wong Cho Lam's proposal peaked at 26 PTS, Ram Tsang and Rita Carpio's duet peaked at 27 PTS and Chris Lai winning the grand prize peaked at 28 PTS.

Complaints:
    - The Telecommunications Bureau received 10 complaints regarding the TVB Anniversary Gala. People complained that personal matters have nothing to do with the audience (such as the proposal and winning prizes), the clothes are too revealing, the show is boring and pointless, frivolous intentions, makes people uncomfortable.

- There were speculations that the card Chris Lai picked out is actually '9889' turned around and not 6886. When he entered 6886, the password still worked. Tsang Sing Ming denied the accusations of fake results as there are accountants there to supervise.

---
    Personal Comment: IMO, the 9889 vs 6886 thing is really just the font type issue..... If the other card numbers were observed, the 6's look the same as the one on his card. Plus 6 and 9 often look the same in certain fonts when turned around anyways =.=
    Comments: 6 :: View Comments

Collapse

Roger Kwok and Charmaine Sheh crowned TV King and Queen at TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2014

Posted By:  Chloe.C @ Nov 23 2014, 07:59 PM
    Source: The Sun / Oriental Daily
    Translated by: Chloe.C @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums

Roger Kwok and Charmaine Sheh crowned TV King and Queen at TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2014

This year's TVB King and Queen will be revealed on December 15th, when the TVB Anniversary Awards are held. Last night was the "pre-battle" at "TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2014", held in the Arena of Stars in Genting Highlands. Before the "real battle", Roger Kwok and Charmaine Sheh took the first dibs, and became double awarded TVB King and Queen (as they also won Fave Character awards). As for drama, "Line Walker", it swept a total of 12 awards, become the biggest winner of the night!

Yesterday night, TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2014 was held in Genting Highlands, Malaysia at the Arena of Stars. TVB siu sangs and fa dans including Charmaine Sheh, Roger Kwok, Linda Chung, Kate Tsui, Bosco Wong, Tavia Yeung, Him Law, Ruco Chan, Selena Li and Kenneth Ma, etc. attended in high fashion. Because this awards ceremony is seen as a pre-battle to the TVB Anniversary Awards in December, plus there were close to 200,000 votes in this year's results, the ceremony was highly anticipated!

"Ding Jeh" sweet talks

Charmaine Sheh's popularity rose once again after returning to TVB with her character in "Line Walker". Her outstanding performance in the show became a hot topic in the city, and is seen as the likely winner for TV Queen this year!
    Charmaine Sheh wore a white night gown and showed up with Ruco Chan, one of the popular picks for TV King. Last month, she was crowned TV Queen at the Starhub TVB Awards in Singapore. This time, she was successful once again, and won "My Favourite TVB Actress in a Leading Role", beating the other hot favourite, Linda Chung. On stage, she said: "I didn't film a (TVB) drama for close to two years. So scared that you guys would forget me, but you didn't!" And even exposed some hard times while filming the drama: "Sammy got hurt, a lot of people were also sick, but everyone still stuck through it to complete it, because the motivation behind us is you guys!" She also sweet talked and told the audience to continue supporting TVB. Before winning "TV Queen", she had already won one of the "My Favourite TVB Drama Character" awards; therefore meaning she is a double award TV Queen!

On the other side, Roger Kwok's "evil" performance in "Black Heart, White Soul" shined in the audience's eyes and is one of the hot favourites for TV King; competing against Ruco Chan to be the "Malaysian TV King"! Roger, who had louder cheers, first took one of the "My Favourite TVB Drama Character" awards with his character, Matthew Ko in "Black Heart White Soul". Afterwards, he also successfully took home "My Favourite TVB Actor" to become a double award TV King! Before leaving for Malaysia, he had expressed that he hopes to claim the TV King award. When he went on stage to accept his award, he loudly yelled "Thank you!" He had been crowned TV King in 2003 and 2005 with his character as Ah Wong in the "Square Pegs" series. This year, he was successful once again. Becoming a 3 time TV King, he said "so scared" twice on stage, and even exposed that he broke down and cried before: "Really scared, really difficult to get this a third time. Need people's votes to get this too! When I filmed the drama, I didn't do it for awards. After it aired, the response was very good, so I felt that there was a chance! Especially when my TVB colleagues praised me, I immediately ran to the washroom and cried - so happy that I cried!" He also thanked his family and laughed saying: "When I go home, I don't use my "evil" expression to them!"

"Line Walker" was the big winner of the night

Another hot topic of the awards is the My Favourite TVB Drama awards, which was taken home by "Line Walker". They were also last night's biggest winner, taking a total of 12 awards - including, "Favourite Actress", "Favourite Drama", "Most Improved Actor/Actress", "Favourite TV Theme Song", "Favourite Supporting Actor/Actress", etc.! This year, the ceremony also added a "Lifetime Achievement Award", to commemorate the veteran actors who put a lot of into the TV industry. This award was awarded to Lau Kong and Law Lan.

Also, when Kenneth Ma and Selena Li were awarded the "My Favourite TV Drama Characters" together for "Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain", the TVB Entertainment Channel suddenly lost signal, so fans were unable to see their award acceptance and speeches.

Additional Photos:
    Spoiler:

Comments: 102 :: View Comments

Collapse

TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2014 Winner List

Posted By:  Chloe.C @ Nov 23 2014, 07:07 PM
    Source: KuangaiTVB

TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2014 Winner List

My Favourite TVB Drama:
    "Line Walker"

My Favourite TVB Male Actor:
    Roger Kwok, "Black Heart White Soul"

My Favourite TVB Female Actress:
    Charmaine Sheh, "Line Walker"

My Favourite TVB Supporting Actor:
    Benz Hui, "Line Walker"

My Favourite TVB Supporting Actress:
    Sharon Chan, "Line Walker"

My Favourite Most Improved TVB Actor:
    Sammy Shum, "My Bounty Lady" / "Line Walker" / "All That is Bitter is Sweet"

My Favourite Most Improved TVB Actress:
    Samantha Ko, "Outbound Love" / "Line Walker" / "All That is Bitter is Sweet"

My Favourite TVB On Screen Couple:
    Ruco Chan and Aimee Chan, "Outbound Love"

My Favourite TVB Drama Theme Song:
    "越難越愛 (The Harder it Gets the More I Love)" by Jinny Ng, "Line Walker"

My Top 15 Favourite TVB Drama Characters:
    Bosco Wong as Cheuk Yuk, "The Ultimate Addiction"
    Nancy Wu as Fong Ming Yu, "The Ultimate Addiction"
    Kate Tsui as Yiu Ngoi Ka, "Tomorrow is Another Day"
    Roger Kwok as Matthew Ko, "Black Heart, White Soul"
    Charmaine Sheh as Ding Siu Ka, "Line Walker"
    Sharon Chan as Mok Sin Yan, "Line Walker"
    Benz Hui as Chum Foon Hei, "Line Walker"
    Him Law as Yu Hok Lai, "Tiger Cubs II"
    Ruco Chan as Luk Gong Zi, "Outbound Love"
    Tavia Yeung as Tong Bing Bing, "Storm in a Cocoon"
    Raymond Lam as Sit Ka Keung, "Line Walker"
    Michael Miu as Cheuk Hoi, "Line Walker"
    Linda Chung as Dou Gai Kei, "All That is Bitter is Sweet"
    Kenneth Ma as Chu Cheung Sing, "Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain"
    Selena Li as Tou Fa/Yan Mei Leung, "Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain"

My Favourite TVB Variety Show:
    "Walk the Walk, Talk the Talk"

My Favourite TVB Enrichment Programme:
    "Wellness On The Go 2"

My Favourite TVB Host in a Variety Programme:
    Nancy Sit, Wong Cho Lam, "Walk the Walk, Talk The Talk"

TVB Malaysia Rising Star Award:
    Fred Cheng

TVB Lifetime Achievement Award:
    Lau Kong, Law Lan
    Comments: 30 :: View Comments

Collapse

Wong Cho Lam gives Leanne Li a surprise proposal on stage at TVB's Anniversary Gala

Posted By:  Chloe.C @ Nov 19 2014, 07:00 PM
    Source: The Sun / MingPao

Wong Cho Lam gives Leanne Li a surprise proposal on stage at TVB's Anniversary Gala

Approximately 200 artistes attended TVB's 47th Anniversary Gala to celebrate TVB's birthday last night. This year, $4,800,000 worth of prizes were given out in the lively atmosphere. There were many performances, including a magic performance by Wong Cho Lam. In the middle of the performance, Wong Cho Lam faked a mistake, being stuck in the magic box. But it was all to give Leanne Li a surprise proposal. Wong Cho Lam showed up with flowers and an enormous diamond ring and proposed to Leanne in front of all their co-workers on stage. Leanne cried accepting and took off her ring to wear the new engagement ring, while the crowd cheered for the couple.

34 year old, Wong Cho Lam (5 ft 3 in.) and 29 year old Leanne Li (5 ft 9 in.) have been in a relationship for 5 years. Finally, they are getting their happy ending. Yesterday, on TVB's Anniversary Gala broadcasted live on TV, Wong Cho Lam suddenly gave Leanne a surprise proposal in front of the audience and all of Hong Kong's viewers. Both of their parents were at the scene to witness the moment, and after a successful proposal, Wong Cho Lam happily shouted "I'm getting married!" Wong Cho Lam and Leanne Li's relationship was exposed in November 2010. Despite their height differences, their relationship has always been stable. Actually, the two had been dating since mid-2009. Before, Cho Lam had revealed that he felt that Leanne is a really good girl, so good that he didn't dare pursue her. But in the end, the two had good feelings for each other. Leanne praised Cho Lam for having a sense of responsibility, and was brave for confessing to her. During these 5 years, their relationship has been very sweet, and there were even many rumours of them getting married. Recently, Cho Lam even bought a luxury apartment worth approximately 10,000,000 HKD, in preparation for marriage.

Last night's performance segment had a magic performance led by Wong Cho Lam and Leanne Li. When Cho Lam was locked in the magic box in a metal gate, Leanne thought there was an accident, and was so scared that she teared up and said "What! Are you serious?" (Gao chor ah 搞錯呀). At this moment, Wong Cho Lam appeared again with a big bouquet of flowers in accompany of his "brothers", Roger Kwok, Bob Lam, Oscar Leung, Amigo Choi, King Kong and Louis Cheung, and proposed on one knee: "You said you wanted a surprise proposal, so a group of us thought for a long time and felt that tonight is the day that everyone can be here, so I chose today. We met through being artistes, and we were very different. You were a beauty pageant champion, I was a kids show host. I'm really short, and you're really tall, I'm very complicated, you're very simple Thank you god, for letting us meet... No matter how difficult it was to pursue you, being able to marry you would be my life's biggest blessing!" He then took out an enormous diamond ring, while Leanne cried, accepting his proposal. Then, Cho Lam's mother and Leanne's parents both appeared to give them their blessings, while Ram Tsang sang "Love is Forever" in the background. The crowd cheered for the couple, and Leanne and Cho Lam's friends all rushed up to congratulate them. The scene was indeed very touching.

Bride-to-be: Don't want a next time!

Afterwards, Cho Lam and "Mrs Wong-to-be", Leanne accepted the media's interviews and blessings. Leanne stated that she was very surprised: "Scared to death! Don't want a next time! I didn't know my parents came back from Canada! (Really want to marry? You took off your own ring right away!) I really didn't know beforehand, but I am ready (for marriage)." Reporters asked if Leanne had waited a really long time (for this), Cho Lam quickly answered: "It's me who waited for so long! Need to take this opportunity!" Cho Lam had actually prepared for Leanne's parents to come from Canada ahead of time for this surprise. Leanne's good friends, Eliza Sam, , Sarah Song, Christine Kuo, Linda Chung and Grace Wong rushed up to Leanne and gave her a hug to congratulate her on stage.

Aside from this, Wayne Lai led his "Overachievers" partners, Raymond Wong, Raymond Cho, Edwin Siu and Power Chan in a comedic skit on stage. In a scene, Edwin Siu wore a wig, pretending to be Sisley Choi and pretended to make out with Raymond Cho. Wayne then said: "Did you ask Priscilla BB first?", joking about Edwin and Priscilla's relationship in the open. When asked about Cho Lam's proposal, Wayne stated that he didn't know about it beforehand, and was very touched: "This is great! In the future, it will be TVB's anniversary, and also his proposal anniversary! Proposing live on TV is so courageous!" Raymond Cho laughed saying: "See if Edwin Siu would dare!" Wayne replied: "Okay! We will help him prepare it next year!"
    Louis Cheung also commented (on the proposal): "When I was rehearsing with Leanne yesterday, she was very worried about Cho Lam getting hurt (during the performance), I almost couldn't bear it (the secret), but I also think it's very romantic. I was very nervous the whole time. From being classmates with Cho Lam till now, I've been with him at every stage of his life. Leanne is a good girl, I am really happy for them. So touched."
    Linda Chung, who is good friends with Leanne, revealed that she already knew during the rehearsal, but she kept it from Leanne: "At that moment, I was very touched. I witnessed them being friends, dating, and now they have a happy ending. Really happy that my friend can find a good husband."

Eric Tsang helped plan the proposal

After the gala, Eric Tsang and other artistes, Nat Chan, Charmaine Sheh, Luisa Lai, Virginia Lok went to a hot pot restaurant in Cheung Sha Wan to celebrate TVB's birthday and Wong Cho Lam's successful proposal. Eric laughed saying he is very happy because Cho Lam waited a long time to propose. He said: "After Leanne's parents agreed to the two getting married, Cho Lam called me saying he wants to find a chance to announce this. He asked, how he should announce it? I said, leave it to me." In the end, they decided to propose at TVB's Anniversary Gala: "He was scared it would be too big. I said, you want Leanne to be happy, and want to share with your "brothers" and "sisters", the gala is the best opportunity." He also expressed that other than being able to surprise Leanne and making her very happy, he is also glad that everyone could feel their love.

Eric admitted that they only let Cho Lam's buddies know about the proposal the night before at 6pm, and Leanne's friends only knew the day of the gala at 6: "Having something to say but not being able to say it is very painful!" Asked if he is satisfied with this "daughter-in-law" (as he sees Cho Lam like his son)? He admitted that he has always been satisfied: "She is a very simple natured girl." He exposed that there is a big chance that the two will hold their wedding next Valentine's Day. Asked if he will host their wedding? He replied: "Definitely!"

Proposal Video Cut:

Comments: 362 :: View Comments

Collapse

Top Forums

Forum Topics Replies
    Asian News Storage 27439 703598
    Hong Kong Local News 2266 39049
    Japanese Music Discussion 2082 1510
    Chinese Music Discussion 1510 12494
    Korean Music Discussion 916 3620