Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

User:
Password:

Collapse

Board Statistics

Today's Birthdays
calendar 4 members are celebrating their birthday today
BlackFreefall(105), ho2(23), fayleep(30), kay(24)
Board Statistics
Board Stats Our members have made a total of 5,670,926 posts
We have 66,707 registered members
The newest member is singyeah
Most users ever online was 14,355 on Jan 17 2012, 04:20 PM

Collapse

New Members

Username Joined
singyeah Sep 8 2014, 03:29 PM
JeTaime_ Sep 8 2014, 08:30 AM
blackeclipse Sep 4 2014, 09:39 AM
yetngor Aug 31 2014, 01:46 AM
LaLa29 Aug 30 2014, 02:11 AM

Collapse

Top Posters

Username Posts
Wu Ying 18138
wendy 15217
aZnangel 13291
R.E.D 11706
♥SiLvErBeAr♥ 9380

Collapse

Main Navigation

• Enter Site Forums

• Collapse

TVB Ratings Report (09/08/2014 - 09/14/2014)

Posted By:  Chloe.C @ Yesterday, 10:21 PM
    Source: Wacow @ Blog163 / SingTao
    Translated by: Chloe.C @ http://asianuniverse.net

TVB Ratings Report (09/08/2014 - 09/14/2014)

Dramas
    Line Walker - 使徒行者 (EPS 11-15) - 27 PTS (Peaking at 31 PTS)

All That Is Bitter Is Sweet - 大藥坊 (EPS 1-5) - 23 PTS (Peaking at 28 PTS)

Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 595-604) - 24 PTS

Shades of Life - 我們的天空 (EP 08) - 17 PTS

Variety Shows
    Walk the Walk, Talk the Talk - SUNDAY扮嘢王 - 24 PTS

Queen Feast - 女皇的盛宴 - 21 PTS

Scoop - 東張西望 - 20 PTS

Street Sorcerors 2 - 街頭魔法王2 - 17 PTS

(Nielsen TAM: 1 point represents 64,920 viewers)

Complaints:
    - The Communications Authority Bureau received 2 complaints on "All That Is Bitter Is Sweet"; many scenes with rats in the show which made viewers uncomfortable
    - "Line Walker" received 4 complaints, saying the drama has quite a lot of violent gun shooting and bomb scenes, way past the PG rating.
    Comments: 11 :: View Comments

Collapse

After 8 years of marriage, Michael Tse finally becomes a father

Posted By:  Chloe.C @ Yesterday, 08:57 PM
    Source: Apple Daily
    Translated by: Chloe.C @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums

After 8 years of marriage, Michael Tse finally becomes a father

Michael Tse, who is 47 years old this year, has been married to his wife, Tina for 8 years. According to sources, the couple finally successfully got pregnant, and the baby will be born next spring. Yesterday, the newspaper reporter called Michael to confirm the news. At first, he was hesitant and said: "Umm...." But in the end, he was unable to resist his happiness and personally admitted: "Yes, pregnant for more than 10 weeks now. Don't want to say yet, you can see how I've been low-key about it, because the elderly in the family said they don't want to be so high-profile about it yet."

Avoided talking about wife doing artificial insemination

Previously, there were reports saying that Tina's pregnancy chances were low because her fallopian tube is blocked. It was rumoured that Tina had tried artificial insemination twice before, but unfortunately failed. Asked if this time it was a success through artificial insemination? Michael said: "Don't listen to the magazines. The bottom line is I will not say anything yet. My family wants to wait until the baby is a little older, because at 10+ weeks, it is not stable yet. When (the pregnancy) is more stable then we will tell everyone. You can see that I didn't even post (the news) on Weibo, the most important thing is to wait for the pregnancy to be more stable."

Asked about his wife's condition? Michael said: "There is bound to be morning sickness for sure, but not too serious." Asked if he has stopped working to take care of his wife? He said: "Of course not, I need to earn more milk powder money. I always do chores, and definitely need to do them now even more. It is not good for her to climb up and down being pregnant. We like both boys and girls, we don't have a preference."

Gigi Leung will personally announce her pregnancy tomorrow

In other news, Gigi Leung, who is also going through her first pregnancy, was photographed with a baby bump. It is estimated that she is pregnant 4 months already. Previously, she and her Spanish husband, Sergio, went on a date to Cyberport with their dog. Her husband carefully held onto her. Gigi, who is 38 years old this year, rejected three movies to rest and prepare for the baby. Tomorrow, she will attend and function and personally announce the good news.
    Comments: 40 :: View Comments

Collapse

"Line Walker" peaks at 33 PTS on Monday's episode during Typhoon Kalmaegi

Posted By:  Chloe.C @ Sep 17 2014, 08:48 PM
    Source: The Sun / KuangaiTVB

"Line Walker" peaks at 33 PTS for Monday's episode during Typhoon Kalmaegi

The story of TVB drama "Line Walker" is moving faster and faster. The passionate kissing scene between Raymond Lam and Charmaine Sheh will be broadcasted this week! Apparently, when Charmaine had to film the kissing scene, her old injury with her tailbone relapsed. She had to wear heels for the scene and turn her body for the shot. In the scene, Raymond pulls Charmaine to him and kisses her. This warm, loving scene also leads into a few jokes.

"Line Walker" announced good ratings results, as Monday's episode peaked at 33 PTS, and averaged at 32 PTS. The drama is also the drama with the highest rating (in an episode) up till now. Benz Hui, Samantha Ko and Oscar Leung celebrated the success with champagne at Tseung Kwan O TVB City yesterday. On Monday night, there was a typhoon, which helped the ratings peak at 33 PTS. Samantha joked saying she will need to do a rain dance and hope for another typhoon. She also revealed that there will be more injuries and deaths as the story progresses. Netizens have commented that Oscar Leung's acting in the show is just like 7-time film king, Nick Cheung. He laughed saying he realized that he is very funny when he is drunk, so he purposely used those elements and put it in his character. Benz Hui's acting received a lot of acknowledgement, asked if he hopes to get the Best Supporting Actor award with this character? He said: "Nah! Leave (the award) for the younger ones!" Regarding reports of Kwong Chor Fai diagnosed with cancer, Benz, who had cooperated with him before, expressed that he does not know about it: "No wonder he looks so much skinnier in photos! I will give him a call and give my respects!"

Tuesday's episode also did quite well, averaging 30 PTS and peaked at 32 PTS.
    Comments: 81 :: View Comments

Collapse

Ella Koon diagnosed with Bell's Palsy; cannot move right side of her face

Posted By:  Chloe.C @ Sep 17 2014, 08:03 PM
    Source: Apple Daily

Ella Koon diagnosed with Bell's Palsy; cannot move right side of her face

Yesterday, Ella Koon and Fiona Sit attended a grand opening function for a brand's concept store in Central. During the function, Ella seemed to have a lot on her mind, and had no expression when taking photos. Until someone beside her reminded her, she forced a smile. At one point, she was also seen tearing. Her assistant handed her a tissue to wipe away her tears, then Ella pointed to the right side of her face and explained: "I cannot move this side of my face right now, it started last week. At first, we thought it was a stroke, so scared. My boyfriend accompanied me to see a cerebral doctor, the doctor said there is a problem with one of my cranial nerves, I can't even blink!" She also explained that her eyes teared just now because of the cameras' continuous flashes, but she strongly said: "I'm OK!"

After seeing the doctor, Ella confirmed she is diagnosed with Bell's palsy. She said: "I've done tests and checked that it's the 7th cranial nerve that has a problem. I am now taking high doses of steroids and using eye drops, but at night when I sleep, I have to use surgical type to cover my eyes; otherwise I can't close them and can't sleep." She continued: "The doctor asked if I don't rest enough, I said no, but maybe because I had a cold and a fever, the virus entered my cranial nerves. Also, there were some unhappy family matters lately, so I've been feeling anxious."

Difficulty pronouncing words using lips

Asked if her condition now is looking good? She said: "It's alright, because it won't take your life. I am keeping with my doses, my voice has gotten better, but I cannot pronounce words that need use of my lips. When I speak, I have to move my muscles with force, so the muscles in my head often hurt. The doctor said some people are able to move again in one month, and recover fully in 3-6 months." She also praised her boyfriend: "He always accompanies me to the doctor, and takes care of me at night. This time let me have a deep realization, you don't know what happens in life tomorrow, need to treasure your life!" Fiona, who was also at the event, expressed she didn't know about Ella's condition, so she will give her her respects later. She also revealed that her own health is not so great and said: "There is a problem with my health too, so I have to see two doctors long-term, one is an Indian treatment doctor and the other is a Chinese medicine doctor I have to regularly fly to Beijing for!"
    Comments: 100 :: View Comments

Collapse

TVB Ratings Report (09/01/2014 - 09/07/2014)

Posted By:  Chloe.C @ Sep 10 2014, 11:21 PM
    Source: Wacow @ Blog163 / SingTao
    Translated by: Chloe.C @ http://asianuniverse.net

TVB Ratings Report (09/01/2014 - 09/07/2014)

Dramas
    Rear Mirror - 載得有情人 (EPS 16-20 END) - 28 PTS (Peaking at 32 PTS)

Line Walker - 使徒行者 (EPS 6-10) - 27 PTS (Peaking at 28 PTS)

Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 590-594) - 24 PTS

Shades of Life - 我們的天空 (EP 07) - 17 PTS

Variety Shows
    Walk the Walk, Talk the Talk - SUNDAY扮嘢王 - 23 PTS

Queen Feast - 女皇的盛宴 - 21 PTS

Scoop - 東張西望 - 20 PTS

Nowhere Girls - 沒女大翻身 - 17 PTS

Street Sorcerors 2 - 街頭魔法王2 - 17 PTS

Neighbourhood Ghost Stories - 區區有鬼故 - 13 PTS

(Nielsen TAM: 1 point represents 64,920 viewers)

Comments: 66 :: View Comments

Collapse

Top Forums

Forum Topics Replies
    Asian News Storage 27402 698556
    Hong Kong Local News 2219 38387
    Japanese Music Discussion 2082 1509
    Chinese Music Discussion 1510 12432
    Korean Music Discussion 916 3616