Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

User:
Password:

Collapse

Board Statistics

Today's Birthdays
calendar 5 members are celebrating their birthday today
pANk(24), mszinsanity(28), cnlhold(25), johnwai82(34), Cookie_Bandit(23)
Board Statistics
Board Stats Our members have made a total of 5,929,080 posts
We have 66,746 registered members
The newest member is Sn0wGur1
Most users ever online was 16,005 on Jan 4 2016, 02:04 PM

Collapse

New Members

Username Joined
Sn0wGur1 Nov 24 2016, 06:01 PM
asian3189 Aug 19 2016, 03:51 PM
Cocalota Jun 20 2016, 03:46 PM
Friendly Mar 29 2016, 08:03 AM
somethiiing Mar 20 2016, 01:52 AM

Collapse

Top Posters

Username Posts
Wu Ying 18229
wendy 14813
R.E.D 12667
aZnangel 12187
♥SiLvErBeAr♥ 9103

Collapse

Main Navigation

• Enter Site Forums

• Collapse

TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2016: Ruco Chan and Nancy Wu won TV King and TV Queen awards

Posted By:  R.E.D @ Nov 28 2016, 10:18 AM
    Source: ASian E-News Portal/MingPao

Ruco Chan and Nancy Wu won TV King and TV Queen awards based on A Fist within Four Walls series during StarHub TVB Awards 2016 and TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2016. When mentioned about the remaining TVB Anniversary Awards 2016, Nancy admitted her desire: "Of course I wish to and hope A Fist within Four Walls series will achieve good results again." Ruco said: "It is everybody's dream for a series having good results in 3 award ceremonies but every country has different tastes."

Asking about the reason not to kiss as requested by Carol Cheng , Ruco said: "It does not matter as we always kiss during filming unless there is good results during TVB Anniversary Awards. (Nancy agrees to it?) She better, don't want her to lodge a police report after I kiss her. (Has confidence in the theme song too?) Yes. (Kiss twice?) We can discuss it and can kiss separately." They returned to Hong Kong today and received warm welcome by their fans at the airport.

Joyce Tang won "Best Supporting actress" for her role in "House Of Spirits" whilst Mat Yeung won "Best supporting actor for "My Dangerous Mafia Retirement Plan".
    Comments: 14 :: View Comments

Collapse

TVB 2017 Calendar

Posted By:  R.E.D @ Nov 24 2016, 12:50 PM
    Source: MingPao

Comments: 27 :: View Comments

Collapse

Skin & Bone: Eliza Sam wants to eat roast pork to gain weight

Posted By:  R.E.D @ Nov 23 2016, 12:35 PM
    Source: Asian E-News Portal/On.cc

Eliza Sam attended an opening ceremony at the hotel in MongKok and it is obvious that she loses substantial weight when wearing tube dress. During an interview, Eliza expressed that she needs to eat more roast pork to gain weight. When asked if her chest size has shrunk, she said: "Slightly, as I have been busy with my work. (Your boyfriend won't allow you to eat?) I had roast pork just now, I wished I had a bowl of rice too!"

Eliza disclosed that when choosing hotel for holidays, the swimming pool is very important to her. When mentioning about swimming together with her boyfriend earlier, she said: "We don't need to have a tight schedule when holidaying, we can just relax in the hotel. (Any phobia of having your photos taken secretly?) Not used to it initially as we did not do anything wrong. What should I wear if not wearing bikini when swimming? (Will be extra careful next time?) As an artist, we should be more alert and wish to do some ordinary things during our personal time. Need not worry that much. (Your boyfriend is not used to it?) He does not work in the entertaining industry and is not used to have photos taken. Today, my mother tells me it is important to adjust my mindset." Eliza added that she was hoping to see her boyfriend soon and he will be visiting her in Hong Kong at the end of the year.

Comments: 17 :: View Comments

Collapse

Bosco Wong is leaving TVB? He admits the rates in China is very attractive

Posted By:  R.E.D @ Nov 21 2016, 12:10 PM
    Source: Asian E-News Portal/On.cc

Recently, there has been a rumor that Bosco Wong's contract with TVB is ending soon and he has not disclosed his direction yet. When asked if Heart of Greed III will be his final workpiece, Bosco said: "We will maintain good relationship even if I leave TVB as my first job is in TVB."

Bosco admitted the rates in China was very attractive and said: "I try filming in other countries but cannot work in China totally. (Not renewing contract?) I have Heart of Greed III and ''. Please do not write as if I am retiring from the showbiz."

Comments: 17 :: View Comments

Collapse

5 decades and 200 films later, Jackie Chan finally wins an Oscar

Posted By:  R.E.D @ Nov 14 2016, 05:59 AM
    Source: Coconuts HK/MingPao
    Video: Youtube

When Jackie Chan saw an Oscar at Sylvester Stallone's house 23 years ago, he said that was the moment he decided he wanted one. On Saturday at the annual Governors Awards, the Hong Kong-Chinese actor and martial arts star finally received his little gold statuette, an honorary Oscar for his decades of work in film.

"After 56 years in the film industry, making more than 200 films, after so many bones, finally," Chan, 62, quipped at the star-studded gala dinner while holding his Oscar. The actor recalled watching the ceremony with his parents and his father always asking him why he didn't have Hollywood's top accolade despite having made so many movies. He praised his hometown Hong Kong for making him "proud to be Chinese," and thanked his fans, saying they were the reason "I continue to make movies, jumping through windows, kicking and punching, breaking my bones."

The actor was introduced by his "Rush Hour" co-star Chris Tucker, actress Michelle Yeoh and Tom Hanks, who referred to him as "Jackie 'Chantastic' Chan." Hanks said it was especially gratifying to be able to acknowledge Chan's work because martial arts and action comedy films were two genres often overlooked during awards season.

The Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences, hosts of the annual ceremony, also bestowed honorary Oscars on British film editor Anne V. Coates, casting director Lynn Stalmaster and prolific documentarian Frederick Wiseman. The evening was attended by Hollywood's elite, including Denzel Washington, Lupita Nyong'o, Nicole Kidman, Emma Stone, Ryan Reynolds, Amy Adams and Dev Patel.

Stalmaster, 88, credited with securing career-defining roles for actors such as Jeff Bridges, Andy Garcia, Christopher Reeve and John Travolta, is the first casting director to receive an Oscar. Coates, 90, who won the film editing Oscar for 1962's "Lawrence of Arabia" and has edited more than 50 films, said she shared her honorary Oscar "with all the unsung heroes" of filmmaking. Wiseman, 86, whose documentaries include 1970's "Hospital," 1987's "Blind" and last year's "In Jackson Heights," said: "I think it's as important to document kindness, ability and generosity of spirit as it is to show cruelty, banality and indifference," he said.
    Comments: 33 :: View Comments

Collapse

Top Forums

Forum Topics Replies
    Asian News Storage 27567 718399
    Hong Kong Local News 3189 45070
    Japanese Music Discussion 2082 1512
    Chinese Music Discussion 1535 12692
    Korean Music Discussion 917 3633