[TVB-PM] The Last Steep Ascent - 天梯 , Maggie Cheung, Moses Chan, Kenny Wong, Aimee Chan, Joel Chan
Aug 17 2012, 11:17 AM
Group: Superior Admins
Joined: 25-October 06
Member No.: 2
Chinese Title: 天梯
English Title: The Last Steep Ascent
Genre: Pre-Modern Romance
Producer: Lee Tim Shing (Rosy Business, No Regrets, Bottled Passion)
Production: September 2011 - January 2012
RELEASE DATE: SEPTEMBER 17, 2012
Leung Ka Kei
Raymond Wong (guest)
During his youth, MIU TIN (Moses Chan) encountered bride-to-be KOO SUN-YUET (Cheung Ho Yee), who has lingered in his mind ever since. Twenty years later, they reunite when MIU TIN becomes a manager of a pharmacy, whose owner is SUN-YUET's husband – HO SAI-CHEUNG (Cheung Kwok Keung). Shortly afterwards, SUN-YUET finds out about her husband's love affair with his maid TIN OI-TAI (Aimee Chan) during his convalescence in San Francisco and the two even live together in Foshan. Not wanting to damage the clan's reputation, SUN-YUET endures the hardship until SAI-CHEUNG's death. Upon discovery of OI-TAI's pregnancy, she greets OI-TAI home as her own sister believing that she is conceiving SAI-CHEUNG's offspring. However, the only person that has the inside information is CHENG KIU (Wong Tak Bun) – MIU TIN's best friend.
Managing the household and the pharmacy affairs as well as confronting the manipulation of her brother-in-law HO KWAN-YIU (Cheung Yick) and his son HO SAI-HO (Edwin Siu), SUN-YUET is exhausted. Regardless of the gossips, MIU TIN devotedly helps her overcome the difficulties. Though being reluctant to reveal her true emotions in light of the moral standards and the kindness of her mother-in-law HO LEUNG MEI-KUEN (Law Lan), SUN-YUET is finally touched by MIU TIN and elopes with him to a remote mountain leading a secluded life. Since then MIU TIN has taken fifty years to build a six-thousand-step stairway on the mountain, representing the genuine love striding over the barriers between them.
The drama is a fictionalized account of a true love story between an older woman and a younger man in 1950s China. Starring Maggie Cheung Ho-yee as Koo Sun-yuet and Moses Chan as Miu Tin, Yuet, the wife of a wealthy businessman, falls in love with Tin, a man ten years her junior. The two elope to the countryside and lives modestly for the remainder of their lives. Before Tin dies, he handcarves a long stair path on the mountain so Yuet can travel down with ease. (Source: Wikipedia)
- Moses Chan <==> Maggie Cheung (faithful until death)
- Moses Chan <==> Kenny Wong (buddies from same hometown)
- Kenny Wong <==> Aimee Chan (love grew over time)
- Aimee Chan ==> KK Cheung (Mistress)
- Maggie Cheung <==> KK Cheung (married)
- KK Cheung <==> Benjamin Yuen <==> Katy Kung (siblings)
- Matt Yeung <==> Katy Kung (lovers)
- Law Lan <==> KK Cheung (mother-son)
- Yick Cheung <==> Edwin Siu (father-son)
- Samantha Ko ==> Joel Chan (3rd Mistress)
- Joel Chan ==> Moses Chan (Appreciates for Help)
- Yick Cheung ==> Maggie Cheung (picks on)
- Maggie Cheung Ho-yee as Ku Sun-yuet (顧新月), the main protagonist. She is the wife of Ho Sai-cheung, a talented businessman in the Chinese medicine wholesaling business. Yuet falls in love with Miu Tin, a man ten years her junior, and the two elope to the countryside for a modest living.
- Moses Chan as Miu Tin (苗天), Yuet's lover who is ten years her junior.
- Joel Chan as Lai Chai-man (黎濟民), a young ambitious businessman who strives to achieve the top spot in the Chinese medicine wholesaling business.
- Edwin Siu as Ho Sai-ho (賀世豪), the main antagonist. He is the Ho family's second son.
- Kenny Wong as Cheng Kiu (鄭嬌)
- Aimee Chan as Tin Oi-tai (田愛娣), Kiu's love interest and Cheung's maid.
- Samantha Ko as Cheng Yim-ping (鄭艷萍), Man's wife, Kiu's sister.
- Elliot Ngok as Miu Hoi (苗海), Tin's father.
- Cheung Kwok-keung as Ho Sai-cheung (賀世章), the husband of Yuet and the Ho family's eldest son. He is the most powerful and successful figure in the Chinese medicine wholesaling business.
- Katy Kung as Ho Sai-man (賀世雯), the Ho family's youngest and only daughter.
- Benjamin Yuen as Ho Sai-leung (賀世亮), the Ho family's third son.
- Cheung Yick as Ho Kwan-yiu (賀坤堯), the patriarch of the Ho family.
- Helena Law as Leung Mei-kuen (梁美娟), Yiu's wife.
- Matt Yeung as Ngai Po-law (魏保羅)
- Tsui Wing as Kwan Kwong-tat (關廣達)
- Raymond Wong plays the youth version of Maggie's oldest son (Ho See Hang)
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now (EST): 24th May 2013 - 04:24 AM|