Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Digg this topic · Save to del.icio.us · Slashdot It · Post to Technorati · Post to Furl · Submit to Reddit · Share on Facebook · Fark It · Googlize This Post · Add to ma.gnolia · Tag to Wink · Add to MyWeb · Add to Netscape
[TVB-A] A Step Into the Past - 尋秦記 [2001], Louis Koo, Sonjia Kwok, Jessica Hsuan, Joyce Tang, Michelle Saram
Rating 5 V

aZnangel
post Dec 2 2006, 08:57 PM
Post #1

Elite Member
Group Icon

Group: Superior Admins
Thank(s): 40567
Member No.: 2

Country

Mood

Credits to Spcnet and Wikipedia

Cast
* Louis Koo Tin Lok ... Hong Siu Lung
* Raymond Lam Fung ... Zhao Pan/Ying Zheng
* Jessica Hester Hsuan ... Wu Tingfang
* Sonija Kwok Sin Lei ... Chin Qing/Chun Ching
* Joyce Tang Lai Ming ... Shanrou
* Kwong Wah ... Lian Jin/Lao Ai
* Kwok Fung ... Lü Buwei
* Michelle Saram ... Princess Qian of Zhao
* Eileen Yeow Ying Ying ... Empress Zhu Ji
* Lee Chi Hung ... Zhao Mu
* Suet Lei (II) ... Zhao Ya

Plot WARNING -MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS
"A Step into the Past" is TVB's latest release of a period drama based on a novel by Huang Yi. First set in modern day Hong Kong, police agent, Hung Siu Lung (Louis Koo), is transported back into the past, three years before the ascension of the Chun King, who is often erroneously credited with building all of the Great Wall of China. Before I make my comments on this series, I must say that I am a sucker for time travel stories. It always fascinates me to read about or watch stories where the hero travels to a different time period and is landed in an environment or culture that is so unfamiliar to his/her own. I also never read the novel by Huang Yi so I don't have any comparisons to make between the original characters or story to the adaptation. If I had, I would probably critique this unmercifully like a Jin Yong adaptation because I've heard from several sources that it doesn't do much justice to Huang Yi's novel.

With that in mind, a bit on the plot. Hung Siu Lung is part of the Hong Kong G4 Special Police force and is invited to take a trip back in time to witness and take some pictures of the ascension of Chun Chi Wong. In return for participation in this ludicrous-sounding mission, he will be able to use the time portal to return to the time before his girlfriend (Sonjia Kwok Sin Lei) married someone else and have a second chance with her. Hung agrees but something goes wrong during the process and he is instead, transported back to 3 years before the day of the ascension. Trapped in the past, Hung tries to find ways to travel to Hom Yueng, where Ying Jing, the future Chun King, is supposed to be crowned. His first acquaitance is Sin Yau (Joyce Tang Lai Ming), a seemingly cold-hearted assassin. Next up the line, characters like Wu Ting Fong (Jessica Hsuan), Lin Chun (Kong Wah), Siu Sin (Michelle Saram), Chiu Poon (Lam Fung), Chiu Nga (Shuet Lei), and Chiu Mok (Lei Chi Hung) are brought into the picture. Wu Ting Fong verbally spars with Hung Siu Lung every time they see each other and eventually falls in love with him, leaving the cold swordsman, Lin Chun, jealous and hating Hung. Siu Sin is the Chiu State's princess who also falls for Siu Lung. She is forced to marry for politics but is promised by Siu Lung that he would take her away. Chiu Nga is the royal sister of the Chiu King and is a widow bringing up her son, Chiu Poon. She is a pawn for Chiu Mok, a villainous minister, who uses her to seduce men and is known by all as a promiscuous woman.

This post has been edited by sam93940: Aug 17 2007, 10:04 AM
Go to the top of the page

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MiniAngel for this useful post:
maggeeee, Rexxer830
If you would like to read the other replies of this topic you need to be a Registered Member!

If you are already a Member then please Login otherwise Register an Account to join our community
smile.gif

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now (EST): 31st October 2014 - 06:37 PM