Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Digg this topic · Save to del.icio.us · Slashdot It · Post to Technorati · Post to Furl · Submit to Reddit · Share on Facebook · Fark It · Googlize This Post · Add to ma.gnolia · Tag to Wink · Add to MyWeb · Add to Netscape
Aaron Kwok & Andy Hui Outraged by Nude Photos: "We Were Betrayed by Photographer, Tuesday November 28, 2006 Hong Kong
aZnangel
post Nov 28 2006, 02:56 PM
Post #1

Elite Member
Group Icon

Group: Superior Admins
Thank(s): 40567
Member No.: 2

Country

Mood

Credit: Jayne @ http://www2.jaynestars.com/
Source: the Sun

Aaron Kwok & Andy Hui Outraged by Nude Photos: "We Were Betrayed by Photographer

Aaron Kwok and Andy Hui Chi On had both posed for provocative photos for photographer, Leslie Kee, for charitable causes. However the published photos have caused an uproar.

When Aaron was posing for the photos, he was wearing black swimming briefs, but the finished results showed Aaron in the nude.

At a promotional function for movie, "After This Our Exile," Aaron's manager, Siu Mei, said that a promise was broken in the agreement. "I saw Aaron's [nude] photo in the newspaper and realized what happened. Aaron wore briefs at the photo shoot, but at the expo, his photo showed him in the nude."

"This incident has caused our numerous problems. After the nude photo was released, 3-4 advertisers complained to us, as Aaron normally maintains a healthy image.”

“I had requested to see the proofs of the photographs before they were published, but we did not receive any response. We will discuss with our lawyer to see if any legal action is necessary. Since the book sales are for charitable causes, we do not want to cause any problems.”

Aaron said, “We should have respected our promises to each other. If they had wanted to remove my briefs digitally, at least they should have notified me.”

Andy Hui had taken photographs for Leslie Kee after the photos for his album cover were completed. Andy’s nude photos were taken under the insistence of Leslie, who had requested Andy lower his pants for several photographs. Leslie had promised at the time that these photos would not be published.

Andy’s manager, Kwok Kai Wah, said, “Andy e-mailed Leslie earlier and requested him not to publish those photos. But Leslie never responded back. When I attended the book gallery exhibit, I saw Andy’s nude photo and was shocked. I immediately advised Andy not to attend the exhibit to prevent any embarrassment, as well as a silent protest.”

As there was no contract between Andy and Leslie for the photograph arrangement, Mr. Kwok said that they will treat this incident as a lesson learned. But they are not afraid that Andy’s image will be harmed.

Some Hong Kong residents questioned the price of $300 USD for the photos and only paid $20 (USD) instead. Also an alternate version of the book for $99 (HKD) is circulating in the market. This version of the book however does not contain any sexy photos of Hong Kong celebrities.

In response to the uproar over the released photos, Chilam Cheung, who was also featured in the book, said, “My intention was only focused on charitable causes. I am not too clear on the operational issues.”

Andrew Lian Hoi said, “Leslie had to fly to numerous locations to complete the pictorial, so his expenses were very high. But I was unaware of a cheaper copy available for $99 (HKD). Leslie should have notified us of this fact.”

The sun tried to contact photographer Leslie Kee regarding the numerous complaints, but has not heard back from him yet.
Go to the top of the page

If you would like to read the other replies of this topic you need to be a Registered Member!

If you are already a Member then please Login otherwise Register an Account to join our community
smile.gif

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now (EST): 25th October 2014 - 08:46 PM